Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
Adrian has chosen to work in the veterinary field after various other careers based on her love of animals and love of helping to educate pet owners. She has worked with horses and large animals for over 12 years, and always had a house full of pets which naturally led her to want to work in the veterinary field.
She recently moved to British Columbia from Ontario and has happily joined the amazing team here at South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital! Adrian is interested in various areas of veterinary medicine including behaviour and pet nutrition. Some of the things she loves most about her job are getting to meet new pets all the time and the constant learning involved in the animal field!
Adrian recently adopted a little Mexican rescue named Beanz who has happily taken over most of her free time and is the best little addition to her weekend hikes with her husband.
COVID-19: Additional measures we are taking
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Note: If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, please let us know when you book your pet’s appointment. As the potential to spread to pets is still relatively unknown, it is possible that your pet could create a risk to other people who may be handling him or her. Whenever possible, please send someone who is not experiencing respiratory symptoms to the appointment with your pet.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604-526-0334. We will bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then call you on your cell phone to discuss the issues with your pet, and you will have a telemedicine consult with the veterinarian to discuss further diagnostics required or a treatment plan for your pet. Following the end of the appointment, we will return your pet to your vehicle. If you do not have a cell phone, please knock on our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. Where possible, we will do our best to accommodate annual vaccinations; however, all other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
In these uncertain times, please see the below link for the most recent information for the public on COVID-19 and animals from the Government of Canada (specifically the Canadian Food Inspection Agency).