We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital in Burnaby, British Columbia
At South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital, we are committed to providing compassionate, quality care for you and your pet. Since 1987, our team of extremely dedicated individuals have been providing the best possible care through honesty, empathy and courtesy. Our veterinarians and our support staff strive to stay up-to-date on the most current medical and surgical techniques. Open 7 days a week, our full-service facility offers everything from general consultations to surgery and dental cleaning. We are proud to say that we have been voted by our clients 18 times as the Best Veterinary Hospital in Burnaby!
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
To provide excellent QUALITY care for your pet
To provide COMPASSIONATE care for you and your pet
To excel in customer service
To maintain an open and honest communication with our clients
To educate our clients about animal care and preventative health care
To continue to only employ honest, caring, and dedicated employees
To stay current in all aspects of veterinary medicine, surgery and animal care
To facilitate access to specialist services for your pet when needed
We are all pet owners and look forward to walking hand in paw with you through your pet’s life challenges with dignity and respect.
To learn more about our hospital, please watch our video!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Note: If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, please let us know when you book your pet’s appointment. As the potential to spread to pets is still relatively unknown, it is possible that your pet could create a risk to other people who may be handling him or her. Whenever possible, please send someone who is not experiencing respiratory symptoms to the appointment with your pet.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604-526-0334. We will bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then call you on your cell phone to discuss the issues with your pet, and you will have a telemedicine consult with the veterinarian to discuss further diagnostics required or a treatment plan for your pet. Following the end of the appointment, we will return your pet to your vehicle. If you do not have a cell phone, please knock on our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. Where possible, we will do our best to accommodate annual vaccinations; however, all other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, and Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
In these uncertain times, please see the below link for the most recent information for the public on COVID-19 and animals from the Government of Canada (specifically the Canadian Food Inspection Agency).