Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital has been serving the Burnaby area since 1987. Our team consists of a group of extremely dedicated individuals, who are passionate about caring for animals and educating clients. Our veterinarians and all our support staff strive to provide the best possible care through courteous and efficient service as well as the most current medical and surgical techniques.
Through the years, we are humbled to have been given various awards—our hospital has been voted by our clients as the “Best in Burnaby” 18 times, according to the Burnaby Now Reader’s Choice survey. We continue to work each day to live up to these accolades.
Burnaby, BC is part of the Metro Vancouver Area. We relish in the fast-paced environment and the diversity of cases that comes with working in a major city. It is thrilling to be part of a dynamic urban centre home to world-class tourist attractions, neighbourhoods and universities.
How to join us
For Veterinarian, Vet Student programs, and Veterinary Technologist opportunities, click HERE.
For all other positions at our hospital (Client Care Representative/Receptionist, Animal Care Assistant, Kennel Attendant, Vet Assistant/Tech Assistant), email your resume to email@example.com.
Check out our hospital
COVID-19: Additional measures we are taking
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing health crisis, we have suspended our pet boarding services until further notice, and we are not accepting new patients at this time due to higher than normal case-loads. Thank you for your understanding.
Note: If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, please let us know when you book your pet’s appointment. As the potential to spread to pets is still relatively unknown, it is possible that your pet could create a risk to other people who may be handling him or her. Whenever possible, please send someone who is not experiencing respiratory symptoms to the appointment with your pet.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604-526-0334. We will bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then call you on your cell phone to discuss the issues with your pet, and you will have a telemedicine consult with the veterinarian to discuss further diagnostics required or a treatment plan for your pet. Following the end of the appointment, we will return your pet to your vehicle. If you do not have a cell phone, please knock on our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. Where possible, we will do our best to accommodate annual vaccinations; however, all other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
In these uncertain times, please see the below link for the most recent information for the public on COVID-19 and animals from the Government of Canada (specifically the Canadian Food Inspection Agency).