We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
The unconditional love of our pets is the greatest gift they give us, making it hard to say goodbye to our friend when the time comes. Our veterinarians and staff are here to support and guide you during this difficult time.
What is pet euthanasia and how do I know when it’s the right time?
Making the final decision around end of life care can be overwhelming. The thought of being without our faithful friend makes this a very stressful and emotional time. As pet owners ourselves, we can help guide you with this difficult decision. If you are unsure if the time is nearing, please reach out to us. If calling us is difficult or you are not ready to talk, we would suggest reading The Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center’s Honoring the Bond Program as a good place to help answer some of your questions.
Can I say goodbye to my pet in the comfort of our home?
When possible, our veterinarians offer home euthanasia to our clients. Due to scheduling, this may not always be possible. When that is the case, our office works together with Dr. Jeffrey Berkshire at Lifting Stars Home Pet Care.
What happens with my dog afterwards?
Our hospital works with the caring staff at Until We Meet Again to care for your dog as you request. We would encourage you to visit their website for more information, as well as their grief support links, so you can prepare in the privacy of your own home. At the time of your appointment, our staff can make all the requested arrangements for you. Together, we will make sure your dog is cared for with dignity and respect.
Does your hospital provide bereavement counselling?
Our team is available to help with some of the aspects of saying goodbye. There are also many online resources. We suggest visiting Until We Meet Again or Lifting Stars for more in-depth support options.
COVID-19: Additional measures we are taking
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Note: If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, please let us know when you book your pet’s appointment. As the potential to spread to pets is still relatively unknown, it is possible that your pet could create a risk to other people who may be handling him or her. Whenever possible, please send someone who is not experiencing respiratory symptoms to the appointment with your pet.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604-526-0334. We will bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then call you on your cell phone to discuss the issues with your pet, and you will have a telemedicine consult with the veterinarian to discuss further diagnostics required or a treatment plan for your pet. Following the end of the appointment, we will return your pet to your vehicle. If you do not have a cell phone, please knock on our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. Where possible, we will do our best to accommodate annual vaccinations; however, all other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, and Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
In these uncertain times, please see the below link for the most recent information for the public on COVID-19 and animals from the Government of Canada (specifically the Canadian Food Inspection Agency).